If You Love Theatre, This Is the Place To Be.
Drama students discover by doing. That’s why all 7 of our undergraduate degree programs will offer you an up-on-your-feet and hands-on combination of practical skills.
Read an overview of our programs in our Undergraduate Brochure.
Visit our individual program pages for specific program and admission information.
• BA Drama
• BA Honors (Drama)
• BA (Drama) / BEd (Secondary) Combined
• BFA Acting
• BFA Technical Theatre – Stage Management
• BFA Technical Theatre – Technical Production
• BFA Theatre Design
The Difference Between a BFA and a BA Degree
Our BFA degrees are conservatory-style, professional programs. You’ll receive some of the most intensive and specialized theatre training available anywhere in the country. Admission into each BFA program is restricted. Auditions, interviews and portfolios are required.
The BA, BA Honors (Drama), and BA/BEd Combined degree programs give you the advantage of a liberal arts education. With a broad exposure to all aspects of theatre you can discover your niche. The flexibility of these programs allows you to concentrate your theatre courses in areas that most interest you – physical theatre, playwriting, acting, directing, collective creation…the possibilities are endless! Admission is not restricted and there are no auditions, interviews or portfolios required.
Fine Arts Recruitment Coordinator
WE PRACTICE WHAT WE TEACH!
Theatre in performance is what our international reputation for excellence is built on. Get in and get involved!
• U of A Studio Theatre: A six-play season on the Timms Centre main stage featuring Canada's leading university theatre students, guest directors and faculty members.
• ABBEDAM Productions: This extracurricular student-run production company mounts a large ensemble-cast play each November.
• More than 25 in-house productions: Watch the call board by the office for audition notices and Drama's events calendar for upcoming performances.
• New Works Play Festival: This student-produced festival showcases a line-up of new plays from the page to the stage.
• Portfolio Show: Each March, the students from the Theatre Design, Technical Theatre Production and Stage Management programs organize an exhibition of their work.
• The Quick and Dirty Festival: Anything goes! Held each year in winter, the Q&D festival consists of short, low-tech pieces of 15 minutes or less and runs with a wildly different line-up each night.
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK and FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!
Read our most recent E-newsletter
Subscribe to receive our E-newsletters and E-playbills